Friday, June 24, 2011

Garlic lemon Chicken


I got this recipe from Johns mom, and with minor tweaking here it is. I always make a large batch and then use the chicken without the gravy chopped up in salad.

I alternate what I serve it over, I had been serving it with rice, but I have been really into pasta with tangy lemony sauces over them, so this week I am serving it with pasta and sending it over to Presto Pasta Night hosted by Simona at Briocle

1 tsp. each salt, black pepper, garlic powder

½ tsp. each onion powder, thyme

¼ tsp. each cayenne pepper, paprika

6 chicken breasts, cut into fillets

4 Tbsp butter

1 1/2 c. chicken broth

4 Tbsp. lemon juice

4 tsp. cornstarch

Mix seasonings in a bowl and then evenly sprinkle on both sides of chicken. Heat butter in a skillet on medium high. Sauté chicken until golden brown on each side. Remove chicken and add the lemon juice and chicken broth to pan, whisking to remove browned bits off the bottom. Cook 3 or 4 minutes and then combine cornstarch and enough water to form a thin pasta, add cornstarch to the pan and cook until thickened. Return the chicken to pan, coat in sauce, heat though, and serve.

1 comment:

  1. A nice mix of spices in this dish: I can imagine it makes a nice sauce for pasta. Thanks for contributing it to Presto Pasta Nights!

    ReplyDelete