Monday, October 10, 2011

Chicken with Orange Glaze SRC

This month for the Secret Recipe Club I got the very lovely Vanderbilt Wife. And I picked out a tasty looking recipe called Tilapia with Honey-Tangerine Sauce. The combination of tangerine with soy and honey looked droolingly delicious.

Right off I knew I had to make one change, since I cant eat fish, but I knew it would be great over chicken too, so I tried that. I made a few other changes to suit what I had on hand but you can be sure as soon as I can find tangerines I am going to make the sauce exactly the way she did.

I served it with rice, stir fried peas, and apple-pears. 


1 Tbsp butter
1 shallot
1/4 c. orange marmalade
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
dash ground ginger
1 large Tbsp cornstarch
3 large chicken breasts

Saute the butter and shallot until tender. Add the marmalade, water, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and ginger. Whisk the cornstarch with water and stir in.

Trim the chicken and cut in half lengthwise. Lightly season with salt and cook in oil on both sides until cooked.

Spoon the sauce over the chicken and broil for 3 - 6 minutes until the sauce is sticky looking.


12 comments:

  1. Scribbling "orange marmalade" on my shopping list right now! That looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun looking thru your blog...and we did enjoy those potatoes. I have bookmarked a few more of your recipes too.
    Yeah, the cookbook cover...too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have made this with chicken also. Good choice of recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make a marinade almost exactly the same as this for chicken and it is delicious. Great SRC choice.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC recipe this month: Levain Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks a lot like Chinese takeout, but I'm sure it's even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job for SRC! What a yummy recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great chicken recipe!

    Ruchi
    http://ruchisimplyfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, this chicken looks fantastic! I really like the combo of chicken and orange. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sauce really sounds yummy! I'm thinking this would go well with salmon too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always looking for new ways to serve chicken and this looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete