Monday, May 28, 2012

Oatmeal Scotchie Bars

My mom used to make a cookie with butterscotch chips called oatmeal scotchies. The recipe was the one on the back of the chip bag. I made this recipe up using my favorite cookie recipe, and of course a few tweaks. Cookies would be good, but bars are easier to make and taste just as good. 

I would have made this with all butter instead of the oil and syrup but I one stick was all I had. So if you aren't as neglectful as I am then try it with all butter and let me know how it goes.And I know corn syrup has a really bad reputation right now, but really, it's a dessert. What were you expecting?

1 stick butter, softened
2 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp corn syrup
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c. flour
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. oats
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 bag butterscotch chips

Beat together the butter, oil, and syrup. 
Beat in both sugars, the egg, vanilla, soda, salt, and cinnamon. 

Once mixed beat in the flours and oats then the butterscotch chips.

Spread evenly into a 9 x 13 pan. 

Bake at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes until a dark golden brown. 

Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into bars.


No comments:

Post a Comment