Wednesday, May 25, 2011

HH6 Cooking Club Pizza

I came up with the challenge this month, I chose Pizza, but you couldnt use tomato sauce. So I used my favorite eggplant sauce in place of the tomato sauce.

Then I wanted to highlight my other favorite pizza that uses a spinach sauce and mention some other things I have done with pizza.

First off my eggplant sauce recipe. Just use in place of the tomato sauce, top with cheese, and bake! Sorry about no pictures, my computer is being worked on and this dinosaur doesnt have bluetooth.

Eggplant Sauce
2 egg plants, quartered lengthwise
4 roma tomatoes, quartered
3 cloves garlic
1 onion, quartered
olive oil
Salt

Brush vegetables with oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast at 400 for 40 minutes.
Then combine
4 c. chicken broth
2 tsp. marjoram
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Scrape eggplant from purple skin. Add eggplant, onion, tomatoes, and garlic to broth. Simmer 30 - 40 minutes until vegetables are tender. Puree. Let sit 15 minutes.

Stir in 1/4 c. cream

So thats the eggplant sauce, I highly recommend it.




Now for the Spinach Pizza.







Some other pizza's I have either made or had are

Breakfast
Don't worry about a sauce, top crust with cheese, green onions, cooked bacon and a whole raw egg and bake until the crust and the egg are cooked

Hot Wing
Use wing sauce instead of marinara, sprinkle with a powdered ranch, top with cheese and some chopped up boneless hot wings.

BBQ Chicken
BBQ sauce, gouda cheese, sliced red onions, chicken cooked in bbq sauce, and fresh chopped cilantro

Pesto
Pesto for the sauce, top with cheese and bake

Alfredo
Only use a little alfredo sauce, top with a lot of cheese and then top with cooked chicken tossed with a little sauce, and sliced garlic.


Make the alfredo primavera, and top with lots of spring veggies.

What do you put on your pizza?

2 comments: