Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Simple Yet Tasty Side Dish

I made this tonight to go with meat loaf. I wanted potatoes and green beans without having to use two pots (cause I didnt want to clean more than one)(Actually I didnt even want to clean one, but I had to do something)

Anyway

I used 4 large red potatoes
2 c. chicken broth
2 handfuls of frozen green beans
Mortons nature seasons
Butter if you want

Cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Don't bother to peel them. Add to a pan with the broth. Simmer, covered until al dente. Add the green beans and continue to cook until potatoes and green beans are very tender.

Remove from broth and sprinkle with Mortons Nature seasons, OR top with butter and sprinkle with Mortons Nature seasons, OR combine cornstarch and water to make a thin paste and stir into the hot broth and thicken and use to glaze potatoes with, then sprinkle with Mortons Nature Seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment