Sunday, December 11, 2011

How to keep apples from turning brown

I have something going on tomorrow that I am bringing apples to, but I needed to cut them all today, and I didnt want them to go brown.

Here are my apples after 40 minutes. 




See? Not brown. 

Just cut in advance and pour clear (but not club) soda over them. 
I actually used ginger ale, but whatever works.
Let soak for 10 minutes and they wont turn brown on you. 

Just drain, cover, and place in the fridge until ready to use.

2 comments:

  1. I put my cut apples in ice water for 30 seconds, and they don't turn brown. They usually get eaten quickly thereafter, so I don't know how long they stay fresh, but I think they stay that way for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try that tomorrow when I get home. Mine don't usually last that long either but I need these during church and won't be able to cut them right before hand.

    ReplyDelete