Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lemon Sour Cream pie

This is a pinterest find I made and wanted to share, it originally comes from Sacramento Street. Cause it was super simple and very tasty. 

I changed a few things. Instead of Greek yogurt I used sour cream since I already had that on hand and I used my almond crust recipe. I followed their baking directions though. I baked it for 15 minutes, let it cool for 5, then added the filling and baked until it was done. Mine only needed to bake for 18 minutes. Also I think fresh lemons and lemon zest would be best in this but I was feeling lazy so I used bottled juice and Penzys dehydrated lemon peel. 

This is great with just some fresh whipped cream or with a fruit topping, any berry pairs very well with this. 


This is where I would have put a picture if we hadn't eaten it before I got around to taking one

1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c. lemon juice
1/4 tsp Penzys lemon peel

Crust

Whisk together the sour cream, sugar, and lemon peel. Whisk in the lemon juice until smooth. Pour into crust and bake at 350 for 18 - 25 minutes until set. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes and then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.  


1 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp. sugar
½ tsp. Salt
½ c. slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
1/3 c. vegetable oil
3 to 4 Tbsp. Water
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Press into a shallow 9-inch pie plate.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before adding the lemon filling and baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment