Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleu from "Come What May"



HH6 for the month of April had a really fun theme

Pick a recipe or dish from a HH6 blogger's blog to prepare
Since I love to check out food blogs this was perfect. 
I started with Chicken Cordon Bleu from "Come what May" 
with just a few minor changes. 
The first was instead of ham I used prosciutto because I had some that needed to be used up. 
I also changed the cheese a bit, again to use up what I had. I used a combination of Gouda, Monterrey, and Asiago since that what I had in my fridge and I have to say we LOVED that combination of cheese. 
Then I combined the cheese and bread crumbs since I was in a hurry and just sprayed the chicken with cooking spray and then coated it in the crumb/ cheese mixture and baked.

I will be making this again, though I think next time instead of pounding, I will just cut a pocket in the chicken and stuff it that way to save time.I served this with wild rice and canned green beans.
 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I normally pound and stuff my chicken for Chicken Cordon Bleu.

    ReplyDelete