Monday, August 7, 2017

Cucumber Apple Salad


I saw a recipe in a facebook group about apple cucumber salad and decided to google it. This is a totally different style than that one was but I thought it looked delicious. I do plan on making the other kid as well someday soon.

I made this closer to the original recipe but I plan next time on making modifications to it based on our personal preference. I'm writing the recipe to reflect that change. Mostly my family agreed we wanted it as a cucumber salad with fruit as an accent, not a fruit salad.

Dressing
1 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
3 cubes of frozen dill or 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 green onions,  sliced
Salt and pepper to taste

Salad
6 small cucumbers or 2 large English cucumber
1 Korean pear or sweet apple


Instructions

Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Taste for salt.

Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and slice at an angle.  Core and slice the pear. Toss the dressing with the cucumbers and pear. Serve immediately. 
To store leftovers strain the liquid from the bottom of the salad and store in a separate container. Re combine as needed. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment