Friday, July 23, 2010

The Sorcerer's Apprentice





I give this movie 3 1/2 stars. It was cute, and totally clean, but a little bland.




The plot was a little thin, the acting was ok. I think the Apprentice either had
a cold while filming or was related to Fran Dresher.



I did however LOVE the Steampunk atmosphere of the whole movie. The gorgeous
architecture of the scenery and most especially the extremely steampunk coil on
the front of the car at the end. A delightful juxtaposition of both old fashioned
and modern with a mythical twist.



Plus now I have a new band to check out. They say they are Indie, but they sound an awful lot like Life Decay to me...

UPDATE: yup they are Indie and therefore of no interest to me. But New life is still awesome






So for awesome steampunk bands check out the
French band "Lifes Decay" or the American group "Abney Park"


1 comment:

  1. oh man I liked that song thanks for doing the reserch I have a new band to check out now too

    ReplyDelete