Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Canned Green Beans

This is how I dress up canned green beans.

Really Good + Super Simple = My kinda recipe

I start the onions when I start dinner and they mostly just cook on their own while I take care of whatever else I am making that night.

Tonight was pork roast and gravy over spaetzle with these green beans but they also go great alongside beans and rice

They are also really tasty with crumbled bacon on top (what isn't?)

2 cans green beans, drained
1 medium onion, quartered and cut into large slices
3 Tbsp. butter
large pinch sugar
Mortons Nature Seasons

Saute the onions in the butter over medium heat until translucent. add the sugar and continue to cook, stirring, until onions are a deep golden color, stirring occasionally to keep from getting too dark in spots.

Add the green beans, and turn the heat up to high to cook off any liquid. Sprinkle with mortons seasoning and stir a few times to combine the onions, green beans, and seasoning. Cook an additional 5 minutes over medium heat to heat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment