Monday, October 4, 2010

Leftover Makeover

Remember how I used the stir fry the other day to make soup the next day? I do it with all kinds of things. Todays was spaghetti. We had spaghetti for lunch and then I made it into soup for dinner



After lunch I boiled some beef broth. I added carrots, celery, spinach and corn. You can add whatever vegetables you want, green beans and zucchini are good too.

When the vegetable are tender add the spaghetti sauce, if there isn't much meat left in the sauce add a can of beans. Any variety works. Then add either the spaghetti noodles or some elbow macaroni. If you need to add uncooked noodles add them in the beginning with the vegetables.

A little salsa verde gives it a nice flavor. You also might want to add more Italian seasonings if there isn't much flavor from the spaghetti sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment