Thursday, October 14, 2010

Perfect French Country Cooking


A friend loaned me a neat looking cook book yesterday . First off I have to say I love the way DK publishing not only has a picture of every recipe, they also have step-by-step pictures as well.

That being said, there where three recipes that stood out the most to me.

Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce

Zucchini Tian

Snow Eggs

The first is pretty descriptive, Pork Chops in a Dijon sauce. The recipe also includes bacon and bouquet garni so those flavors are there too.

The Tian is basically pan seared zucchini baked with cooked rice, eggs, parmesan cheese.

And last but not least the snow eggs. Eggs whites and sugar whipped into a meringue, poached, and served with a tasty sauce. The French Cookbook poaches them in water and then serves them with vanilla custard and caramel sauce. Martha Stewart poaches them in milk and serves them with raspberry sauce.


There where lots more interesting recipe, those are just the ones that I plan on making soon, the mustard pork chops for John especially.

And in other news (and other country) I went with a friend to the Greek Festival in Savannah today. It was pretty small, with only a few vendors, though TONS of people. The food was amazingly good. We got pastitsio, spanakopita, gyros with tzatziki, loukoumades, Koulourakia, and of course Baklava.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds really yummy. But I really shouldn't go around visitng all of these wonderful posts about food on an empty stomach!
    I'm sorry. I'll come back later after I've had a snack!
    Best wishes,
    Anna
    Anna's French Obsession #8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend ! Looks like a very good book with great recipes.
    The pork with the mustard sauce is a basic. I do the mustard sauce with chicken too.
    Thank you so much for linking up. Hope you are doing good and your cute family too :)
    Tell me when you are around :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found you via Frenchy...
    Don't you just love finding new great recipes. I know I especially love it this time of year when I start to "nest" for the winter and cook more!
    --Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete