Sunday, May 30, 2010

Creamy Chicken Stew


A few weeks ago I had something planned for dinner. And then around dinner time I realized I had forgotten to get a few of the ingredients at the store. As I was trying to figure out what to make my daughter said "I want Alfredo!" So with that in mind I combined the original recipe, what I had on hand, and added an Alfredo element.

* 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into fillets
* 2 or 4 Tbsp. butter (or olive oil)
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp. black peppers
* 1/2 tsp. Rosemary
* 1/2 tsp. Thyme
* 1/2 tsp. Marjoram
* 1/2 tsp. Basil
* 1/2 tsp. Oregano
* 4 cloves garlic minced
* 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese cut into cubes
* 2 c. water
* 2 chicken bouillon cubes
* 3 large potatoes peeled and cut into 3/4 in cubes
* 3 or 4 carrots peeled sliced into 2 inch chunks and quartered

Combine the salt, black pepper, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, basil, and oregano. Heat butter in a skillet. Place the chicken in the skillet and sprinkle with all the combined spices. Cook on both sides until cooked through.

Add the garlic and cook until the chicken starts to brown. Add the water, bouillon cubes, potatoes and carrots. Simmer over medium heat until the potatoes and carrots are tender enough to eat.

When cooked turn the heat to low and add the cream cheese in cubes. Stir until combined.



Serve topped with a dusting of Parmesan cheese.

I have make this several times since I first created it using beans in place of the chicken. It still tastes great.

1 comment: