Friday, August 27, 2010

Quiche



I have to say I love quiche. But it has to be good quiche, and I'm picky. Its usually to dry, or too bland, or they seasoned it wrong. And since it's so easy to make, I just do it myself.

But I still hadn't gotten it quite perfect. That is until I saw Frenchy over at lechateaudesfleurs recipe (sorry, I can't find her post or I would link it). And she puts sour cream in hers.
Moist and perfect. I now have a quiche that tastes great fresh or re-heated, and everyone loves that is so simple to make.

The other thing is to make sure you dont put too much cheese in it. I like to use mozzarella or cheddar though other cheese works, and you can use more than one variety at a time.

I hope you enjoy.





2 Tbsp. Butter
1 large onion, coarsely chopped

3/4 c. sour cream
1/2 c. heavy cream
4 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
dash freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp. yellow mustard
2 oz. cheese, finely grated
1 can ham, crumbled very fine (optional)

1 pie crust

Heat onion and butter together until starting to turn golden. Remove from heat and set aside.

In a separate bowl, whisk together sour cream, heavy cream, and mustard. Add eggs. Stir in salt, black pepper, and nutmeg. Next fold in the mozzarella cheese and ham. Add the cooked onions trying not to get the butter you cooked them in, into the egg mixture. Pour into the uncooked pie crust and bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until the egg mixture is set. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

I love to serve this with fruit and then either a green vegetable, usually green beans, or a green salad.

2 comments:

  1. You loved my recipe !!!! This is the real one ! I love Quiche too. My Mom used to make it all the time !
    Thank you for linking up and being such a good friend :)
    HUgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love quiche, I have made several late at night hoping to have them in the morning for breakfast, two of them didn't even make it through the night!

    ReplyDelete