Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cheeseburger Macaroni

I want to preface this post by reminding everyone that I'm pregnant. 
That's really the only excuse (defense?) I can come up with 
for why I was thinking about Hamburger Helpers cheeseburger 
macaroni. But I did, and my version at least, was good, so here it is.

I'm also glad to be back at Presto Pasta Nights,
this weeks host is Ruth at "Once upon a Feast"

1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp (scant) steak seasoning (I used McCormick)
8 oz. elbow noodles
3 c. beef broth
3/4 c. half-an-half
3 Tbsp. catchup
1 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1 c. cheddar cheese
Salt to taste

Combine the beef and steak seasoning and cook until browned. 
I broke it up as I was cooking but not too much,
I liked the bigger hamburger pieces in there. 

When the beef is no longer pink add the pasta, 
broth, half-an-half, catchup, mustard, and onion powder. 
Simmer, stirring often, until the pasta is tender 
and at least half of the liquid is absorbed. 

Stir in the cheese and continue stirring until the cheese is melted.
Taste for salt, adjusting as needed.

Serve immediately. 






On a side note, I made a cake:





Coconut cake with homemade lemon curd, 
Swiss buttercream, and yellow sugar

2 comments:

  1. Sure, sure....excuses....it's OK, the cake almost redeems you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your pregnancy... and start thinking up excuses for after that ;-) Nothing like comfort food anytime... any reason. Happy 2012 and thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

    ReplyDelete