Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Quiche for the freezer



I mentioned a few posts back I was pregnant. And a lot of nights I dont really feel like cooking. And that can be said of most people pregnant or not. So I have started filling my freezer with homemade meals. And I discovered that quiche freezes as well. 

I like to use disposable pans when I freeze food. I don't have enough pans to have most of them in the freezer, they are less bulky then regular pans, and I don't have to wash them afterwards, meaning even less clean up. 

I just used 4 disposable pie pans and quadrupled my regular quiche recipe. I froze them completely uncooked about 4 hours until they were solid; I then wrapped them in tin foil and finally in plastic wrap. 

When I was ready to use them I unwrapped them completely and baked at 350 for 1 hour (15 - 20 minutes longer than normal) Tap the side of the pan to see if the center is set.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you could freeze quiche. Will have to try your recipe some time. Thanks for sharing this with us:)

    ReplyDelete