Monday, September 12, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars



I love chocolate chip cookies. I mean who doesn't? But I hate dropping them into cookies, baking, cooking, lifting them off the tray, trying not to eat them all as they come out of the oven, and then shaping more for the next tray. It's all a hassle. So that's why I like cookie bars. You dump them all in the pan, spread it out and bake. It's even better if someone else makes them for you.

These are perfectly crumbly without being dry and hard, and chewy without sticking to your teeth and being too gluey. Thats cause of the addition of cor syrup. I know what you are thinking, "CORN SYRUP??? Do you know how bad that stuff is for you??" But come one people, it's a dessert!! It's not going to be good for you no matter WHAT you do to it. So add a little, it makes them perfect. The recipe looks really familiar to me, I think it might be the Neslte chocolate chip cookie recipe with corn syrup added baked in bar form.

2 1/4 c. all- purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

1 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. corn syrup
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 (12 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup oats
(or nuts)


Cream together the butter and corn syrup. Next beat in the white sugar and the brown sugar. Then add the eggs and vanilla.

Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat into the butter mixture.


When combined beat in the chocolate chips and oats. Dump into a 11x13 casserole dish and spread out so it's even. Bake at 375 for 20 - 25 minutes.
They are darker in color than a chocolate chip cookie, I thought they were burned, or at the very least going to be too dry to eat. Not so! Just take it from me but don't ask how I know, eating half the pan in one sitting will give you a stomach ache. 

No comments:

Post a Comment