Monday, September 26, 2011

Crock Pot Pepper Steak

 I like this recipe a lot for the simple fact that like any good crock pot recipe, you  toss it all in the pot and leave it till it's done. And when it is done, you have a tasty home cooked dinner. 

(This is where the picture would go if I had one, sorry)

*********
1 Beef Roast, any cut, 3 - 4 lb.
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
1 c. rice

Combine all the ingredients, except rice, in a crock pot. Cook on high until beef is done, 
usually between 4 1/2 - 6 hours. 
The bottom of the crock pot should have about an inch of liquid in it, if not, add water. 
Add the rice and re-cover crock pot.  Cook an additional 30 minutes. 
Stir to combine the veggies and rice and serve with the beef. 
I usually shred the beef before I add the rice.

1 comment:

  1. This stuff is really really really good. Did I mention it was good? Thoug, maybe I'm biased, but I always seem to like stuff cooked in a crock pot.

    ReplyDelete