Friday, July 22, 2011

Coconut Shrimp

So this is kind of an odd thing for me to post, I can't eat shrimp (so don't expect a picture). But once in a while I used to cheat, and this was one of the things I made. I thought I had lost the recipe and while searching for another one today I found it in my inbox. So I thought I would share.


2 lb, shrimp, peeled and vein removed, tails on
1 1/3 c. coconut
1/2 c. almonds
1/4 c. flour
1/8. t. chili powder
1 egg
1/8 t. salt

Combine 1/3 c. coconut and almonds in a food
processor and process until fine crumbs.

Add remaining coconut, flour, and chili powder.

Whisk together 1 egg and salt.
Dip shrimp in egg and then coconut and press onto sides.
Deep fry in oil (375) until golden, about 1 - 2 minutes.

Serve warm with sauce.


Sauce
Sweet and sour duck sauce (7.25 oz.)
1/4 c. catchup
1 T. soy sauce
Mix and serve

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I'm making that. You can use cornstarch instead of flour, FYI. Makes it even crispier. I can't do much about the shrimp or the coconut though.

    ReplyDelete