Monday, September 6, 2010

Icebox Cake


Start with

1 pkg. Nabisco Chocolate wafer cookies
Whipped cream, sweetened and flavored with vanilla



Ice one side of a wafer with a fairly generous amount of whipped cream. Top with another wafer




When done ice the entire thing with whipped cream. Let chill 8 hours. Slice on a diagonal so you see the layers.


Or you can check out Smitten Kitchens recipe for making your own wafer cookies from scratch. I haven't tried it, but I have a lot of faith in Deb over at Smitten Kitchen so I am pretty certain they are good.

I tired this with Annas brand chocolate mint cookie thins, and while I like the mint, the cookies get really soft really fast and instead of being like soft cake they just get soggy.

I found a more elegant way to serve this, here (scroll almost to the bottom)



No comments:

Post a Comment