Monday, September 6, 2010

Super Tasty Caramel Chocolate Slush


I very strongly recommend the Da Vinci brand caramel syrup. You can usually find it at Sams club in the coffee isle.

Torrani brand caramel tastes like windex, so I don't use it, though their fruit flavors are really good.

Monin brand caramel syrup tastes like brown sugar, more a penuche than caramel. It's still good, just different, you need more of it, it's not as strong

Stirling brand is well, bland. And way over priced.


1/4 c. cocoa powder
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. water

2 c. ice cubes
1 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
1/2 c. sugar

1/4 c. caramel syrup

Whisk together the chocolate and sugar. Add the water and simmer until smooth. Chill

Blend together the cream, and remaining sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add the ice and pulse until ice us all crushed. Add chilled chocolate syrup and caramel syrup.

Bon appetit!

2 comments:

  1. Yumm this recipe makes me want to buy a blender. If I may I would like to put my two cents in on what to do with the cool fabric. I say frame it use a silk screen and frame it use it as a focal point in one of your rooms

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't actually have a traditional blender. I just have an immersion stick and I LOVE it. I think with the fabric I am going to frame it and use it as a head board and then useing the remaining strips of fabric i am going to make two throw pillows for the bed to match. It's perfect really, I have curtains in my room that are red, green and ivory with a black valance on top, the colors match perfectly

    ReplyDelete