Sunday, September 26, 2010

I'm Back!

I hear my reader(s?) missed me! Hubby went out of town, so I left too. Hey, I live in Hinesville, you can't give me a hard time. You would too!

We did fun things involving a stop at a local apple stand in the mountains of Virginia

At the same exit as the apples was a fun re-creation of an Indian village build right on the site of an original they found through archeological digging. You start at the museum and see artifacts from the area. Then you walk down the 1/4 mile through the woods to the village. They show you several round houses and their interiors, lots of furs, several pieces of cookware and hunting equipment. They talk about daily life in the village and show you a working "three sisters garden". We also walked down to the stream and she told us how they fished.We just played in it.


At the museum on the way to the village eating honey sticks.







The girls making a "pecked bowl"



Snake Squash. They usually twist up and look a little like a snake, because this one was left hanging it grew long.






Playing in the creek. The water was crystal clear but we where kicking up dirt from the bottom so it looks a little cloudy in some pictures.











Check back tomorrow to find out where we went next!

1 comment:

  1. I assume you're saving the best for last. (Ahem. That would be visiting me).

    ReplyDelete