Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Chicken


So I got a fun opportunity yesterday to do an impromptu test for the Secret Recipe Club. And as I was looking through the blog, Connors Cooking, I ran across a recipe that was chicken, stuffed with cheese and bacon. Which to me is nothing short of genius. Because I think anything with bacon is genius.

Except these, those are an abomination.

So here is the original Bacon and Cheese stuffed goodness

And then my variation

2 oz. cream cheese
5 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
16 oz. bacon (yes, use the whole package!!)
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 tsp Dried Paprika
1 tsp. parsley

(I didn't do, yet, this but I think some crumbled blue cheese might be great in the filling too)

Cook the bacon and crumble, make sure it's really crisp, even if you like your bacon softer, cause when you mix it with the cheeses and bake you don't want it to get soggy. Combine bacon and remaining ingredients.

3 large or 6 small chicken breasts

Seasoned Bread Crumbs

My chicken breast were large enough to cut in half and then half again, but most aren't.

"With a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the thickest side of each chicken breast. Stuff each with 1/4 of the bacon and cheese mixture. Seal with a toothpick (or as many as you need to hold it all together. Coat in bread crumbs (I also brushed the outside with bacon grease to make the breadcrumbs stick). Bake, covered in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until done."


This recipe was so easy to make, used ingredients I usually always have around, and was fast to assemble. From there I just let it bake. I will defiantly be making this quite a bit in the future.


UPDATE: 8/18/11 - I think this would be really cool if you made them mini using small pieces of chicken and served them as appetizers.



I also got invited to send this to Cast Party Wednesday

11 comments:

  1. Cheese, bacon and chicken, a perfect combination. It was fun coming together and cooking from Connor's Cooking. I hope that you'll check out the Nutella Crêpes which I made from her blog.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome! What a great dinner and so nice of you to come to her aid and make one of her recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did, I went over and linked up, thanks for the invite, Would check out my food blogging event I am trying to get started? It's called Double Take, you can check it out on facebook or I made it it's own blog

    http://double-take-food-fun.blogspot.com/

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Double-Take-Food-Challenge/198944253495313

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome combo and right around my dinner time, if only I had some chicken in the fridge, darnn
    Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. We eat a lot of chicken and just when I think that I've tried all of the recipes out there in one form or another, I find this one. It's a winner and going on my list!

    Great Choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can be better than anything with bacon and cheese! Yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to do a cheese stuffed chicken before I quit eating dairy. It is a delicious combination, isn't it? Now, bacon, I haven't done that in about 25 years. Sacrilege, I know. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for commenting, I do love bacon.

    @themommybowl.com, by the looks of your blof you are vegan? I have a second blog, and while I am not vegan, there are quite a few recipes on there that are or are adaptable (109), I don't think they are raw though :(

    http://www.beanbasics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting from my blog! What a great surprise... These were delish before and your changes make them sound even better - might be time to redo these this week! :)

    Raina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love bacon and cheese inside a chicken. YUM

    Thanks for sharing.

    Jennifer
    www.jennifersikora.com

    ReplyDelete