Saturday, August 6, 2011

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta

I wish I could say I thought of this on my own, but sadly, that is not the case. I first saw the idea at Yeastfree-Painfree, and then after googling it, I decided to stick with her recipe, making a few small changes based on what I had around. The number one reason for this was I couldn't find a single other recipe that still used swiss cheese in the sauce and well, it didn't look like it actually needed to be changed.

I can cook, photography is obviously not my strong-suit. Click on the Yeastfree-painfree link for a better picture


8 oz. shell pasta
1/2 c. heavy cream

1/4 c. milk
6 (1 oz) wedges laughing cow swiss cheese triangles

1 chicken bouillon cube

4 oz. good quality emmental cheese, grated or shredded

1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 - 2 c. leftover ham, cut into strips

(a can might work or deli ham)
1/2 c. flour

2 tsp. fried chicken seasoning

(I use McCormick)
oil

Cook the pasta in lightly salted water until tender.

Meanwhile, mix the flour and chicken seasoning. Cut the chicken into thin strips and toss with the flour. Cook in hot oil on both sides until browned and cooked though. Drain on a paper towel and slice into bit size chunks.

Combine the cream, cheese triangles, emmental, and chicken bouillon cube. Cook over medium heat until the cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Stir in the milk.

Toss the drained pasta, ham, chicken, and cheese sauce.


This is being sent over to Presto Pasta Night 227, being hosted this week at "For such a time as this"





1 comment: